Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

______________

Monday, February 9, 2015

The Best Damn Mat; Manduka.



The beauty of yoga is it can be practiced anywhere, anytime, and on anything.

I love doing yoga in a highly energetic heated studio space, on the beach with my toes in the sand, high up on a mountain top overlooking the world...

But, I also regularly get in my yoga resting in corpse pose early am in between aggressively hitting the snooze button, deep breathing mental chatter (okay, road rage...) away while stuck in traffic on the 5, and occasionally striking a dancer's pose in the produce section of Whole Foods while I wait for my veggies to be juiced.

Point being, your yoga is always with you. Rad, right?

If you happen to find yourself practicing yoga on a mat however, I'm going to tell you right now about the best damn mat. Story time, readers.


Manduka was founded by architect turned yogi, Peter Sterios, who in the late 90's, designed a black mat that completely revolutionized his yoga practice. On the simple idea that a better yoga mat could make a world of difference, and the combination of firm grip and complete support, Manduka mats and yoga accessories are crafted using simple, enduring, natural, and whenever possible, renewable materials and a fine attention to detail. Built by and for yoga teachers and their students, Manduka is authentically "for your practice and for our world."

Badass, I know.

Also, Manduka is committed to eco-responsibility and is super mindful of every decision made in the manufacturing process. They support fair labor practices and toxic-free emission facilities, and minimize impact on the environment by designing mats to last a lifetime with biodegradable rubber sustainably harvested from rubber trees with no toxic glues. Which, and I can't stress enough, is so incredibly huge.

Who wants to be practicing on a mat built from bad karma and toxins? I certainly don't.

Manduka pledges to protect and honor our earth and its beings. Namaste, homie.



P.S. Right now Manduka is having a super killer sweepstakes going on every day until March 6, 2015, where you have the opportunity to enter once a day to win a free eKO Mat a day. I'm convinced at least one of my readers is going to win, so enter away to win the best damn mat.



Manduka

No comments:

Post a Comment

Highlighted Words