Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

______________

Monday, October 27, 2014

Sexy Smoothie Talk Series; Pumpkin Me.

Pumpkin Flax Smoothie

Let me preface this post by saying: I am not a food blogger.

Why?

1. Contrary to popular belief, I can cook like a f*cking champ. But with that being said, my favorite thing to make is still a reservation.

2. I hate photographing food. Food is the most un-photogenic betch in the biz. It takes serious lens skill and knowledge of angles to get the right shot.

3. Nutrition? Le snooze. I'd rather cancel a reservation and photograph food than talk about macros.

However...

I made such a badass smoothie yesterday morning after yoga, I couldn't not share with you.

We already discussed my jealous exes and fan-freaking-tastic smoothie blending talents in Sexy Smoothie Talk Series; Superfood Me., so here's a little continuation of the so called "series."

On the topic of protesting 500 calorie plus smoothies, I have another ewwy gooey pumpkin guts middle to pick with pumpkin spice and everything not so nice calorie wise.

Why is it okay that just because the drink or treat is "pumpkin spice" it can be a thousand calories? It's absolutely ridiculous because pumpkin is in fact, low in calories, superficially speaking. Pumpkin spice, in no way, shape or fattening festive form, needs to be a calorie bomb. Screw Starbucks for throwing in fat-filled white chocolate into their PSL's. Don't conform.

Blend this sexy beast up...

Pumpkin Flax Smoothie

Ingredients:

3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/3 cup pure pumpkin purée
1/2 banana
1 tablespoon raw honey
1 tablespoon ground flaxseed (plus a sprinkle on top if you're instagramming)
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice*

*if you don't have pumpkin pie spice on hand, DIY by mixing equal parts ground ginger, ground cloves, ground nutmeg and ground cinnamon spices (1/4 teaspoon each, but I usually go heavier in the cinnamon than the ginger).

Directions:

Blend it up and throw it back.

Servings:

This smoothie makes enough for one skinny betch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Highlighted Words