Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

______________

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Tie-Dye Dealings.

Tie-dye is so much of a thing right now that I'm having a hard time getting into it. Or maybe I'm having a hard time getting into it because it kinda sucks.

Stella McCartney

The only tie-dye you'll ever be able to catch me in up until this point in time is a neutral color paletted tie-dye so incredibly small that it gets confused for a snakeskin print. I'm completely not-so-silently protesting Barneys.com at my desk right now because the first thing I see on the welcome page this morning (and yes, I check Barneys.com along with the New York Times every morning, it's a ritual, lay off homie) is a Dries Van Noten Tie-Dye Miles Sweater hanging over a crisp oxford and pleated trucker - not East Hampton Village pleated - pair of baggy below the knee shorts. This was on a guy FYI.  And this guy looked like a total Barney (early-90's slummer).

P.S. Quoting Clueless, no pun intended.


I'm so all for grunge, especially 90's inspired "I'm having a difficult time being a teenager, but check out my sneakers, they're so cool..." grunge. But, this tie-dye sh*t has got to go. Peace.

*Sidenote: Absolutely none of these images are re-pinable.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Highlighted Words