Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

______________

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Gooey Ritz Peanut Butter Cup S’mores Bars; Vegan Edition.


So I am having one of those days where I want to be really bad. I don't know if it's just because I'm on Day 3 of a juice cleanse or if I'm just being Miley, I mean, me, but I want really really bad things

I literally just asked my sister if she would go get our very favorite chocolate chip pear muffin from Thyme in the Ranch for me, as I sipped my detoxifying beet juice out of a straw. 

Le total cleansing hypocrite. 

Anyway, to stop myself from raiding our secretary's desk drawer for the most amazing Celtic Sea Salt Caramels that I know she keeps hidden in there, I indulged calorie-free on Pinterest and came across the baddest of bad.


I could seriously make this post so vulgar right now talking about all of the bad things I want to do to those bars, but I will spare you, my dear readers, and poor kevin & amanda because this is their pride and joy. Now, I'm not confirmed on that and just making stuff up, but if these Gooey Ritz Peanut Butter Cup S'mores Bars were a child, it would definitely be my favorite child, even over my own future nasty vegan children.

Now, speaking of nasty vegans, there is absolutely nothing wrong with these bars, except for the fact that I can't eat any of these ingredients except the Ritz crackers (they're deceivingly already vegan):

Ingredients for kevin & amanda's

I know, I'm no fun.

But guess what, I've found incredible vegan substitutes that, with all of the ridiculous sugar and carbs going on here, you won't even be able to taste the difference! My vegan version may even be more fattening!

Check it...

1 box yellow cake mix = try Duncan Hines's Classic Yellow Cake Mix, it was vegan before the word vegan was even a thing, it's not even labeled "vegan" - such a hipster. You can get it at any grocery store.

2 sleeves Ritz crackers = try, drum roll please...Ritz Crackers! Yeah, they're totally vegan. Don't be fooled by their flaky, buttery taste. It's all in the processing...yikes, moving on.

1 egg = try Ener-G Egg Replacer or you could get all sorts of creative with these following conversions all equaling one egg: 2 tbsp potato starch (1 egg), 1 mashed banana (1 egg), 1/4 cup applesauce (1 egg), 1 tbsp ground flax seed simmered in 3 tbsp water (1 egg).

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened = try Earth Balance, available anywhere Tahini is sold.

1 (7 oz) jar marshmallow creme = try Suzanne's Ricemellow Marshmallow Creme. It has soy protein in it, but I never said that these bars were healthy...they only save the lives of animals with a few simple substitutions. 

1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk = try Coco Lopez Cream Coconut, it's way easier than making a version from scratch or winging it with an unsweetened can of coconut milk and adding in sugar.

2 (8 oz) bags mini Reese's peanut butter cups = try Justin's Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups, they're seriously like crack and I'm obsessed. You can find them almost anywhere. If you don't like the dark chocolate version, you could order Cleo's Peanut Butter Cups ahead of time (the only vegan milk chocolate version on the market) or put on your DIY apron and get busy making your own - I like this raw recipe from The Blonde Vegan.


Now that you have all of your vegan ingredients in check, follow kevin & amanda's amazing recipe for Gooey Ritz Peanut Butter Cup S'mores Bars. I promise, it's super easy and will turn out deliciously bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Highlighted Words