Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

______________

Monday, February 24, 2014

Urbanizer; How to Make Harlem Pants Look Relevant.


Harlem pants are currently not trending. 
Now, is the time, that they could potentially be made cool again. 

Let me preface this blog post by saying that prior to this week, I had never owned a pair of Harlem pants in my life...and definitely wasn't planning on it either. The only reason why I even considered buying a pair of Harlem pants in the first place, was so that I could fit in at an underground hip hop studio that I've been going to religiously with my waspy, yet beyond artistic, blonde friend. 

We found a new movement, btw. More on that later.


Back to Harlem pants...is it possible for them to look cool? This is something that I pondered, as I sat comfortably at home after a badass choreography class, cross-legged on my couch, in the comfiest pants I had ever physically worn. Cozy.



Equivalent to the gaucho, this territory had to be treaded lightly. There was a thin line that I was crossing by considering bringing my Harlem to the streets. 

Trust me, I wish I was as urban-ly cool as I sound.

Hm. How to make Harlem pants look relevant...I think I've come up with a couple ideas that are on point. Not to be tried by the frigid, put on that A$AP Rocky and motivate yourself to get down with this trend and urbanize yourself, casually. 

It's coo shawty, I promise.

Check it...


When all else fails, do what Palermo does and take a conservative spin. Sunnies, cotton tee, basic color palette, flats, and a neutral every day bag. Oh, and don't forget to lose all emotions in order to make the face. 


I love the way the slouchy Harlem pants can instantly be balanced out with a highly structured shoulder piece like the above blazers. Shoulder pads are a Harlem pant's best friend.


If you're going to go with a print, make it animalistic. The last thing you want to do is get totally tribal, as cool as it may sound. Also, black pointed pumps like the ones shown above elongate the leggage you lose, keep that in mind.


This is just badass. If you can pull of the Harlem pant like Gwen Stefani, please wear them every single day of your life. I'm obsessed with the combated structure she channels.


If you're a guy and think that you have what it takes to attempt the Harlem pant, I wish you the best of luck because you have the greatest ambition. Black and white color scheme only, high top converse, and a minimalistically artistic tattoo will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Highlighted Words