Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

______________

Monday, January 27, 2014

TheFitExpo with officialfit_price.

Yesterday, I went to TheFitExpo Southern California with my sister and let me tell you, was it ever an experience. We woke up early and instead of doing our Sunday morning barre class, Beaming smoothie, and Torrey Pines hike routine, we booked it up to LA to get "fitspired."

Prior to yesterday morning, I had no idea what a "Fit Expo" even was. I eat raw foods and drink a lot of green juice, I do hot yoga and play Million Dollar Baby with my boxing trainer, you know...the usual. I'm super into fitness...so I thought.

My sister totally opened my eyes to a whole new playground. This was where the big kids play. And when I say big, I'm talking biceps.

Here's what I learned during my first day of fit school...


TheFitExpo is basically Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week for the fit. There are models and there are critics. Except the models look like Alicia Marie (Exhibit A) and eat models like Naomi Campbell (Exhibit B) for breakfast.

Exhibit A:

Alicia Marie

Exhibit B:

Naomi Campbell

There were tons of shows to see - from body building with Thor and the Incredible Hulk to martial arts with Tito Ortiz - and it was actually really entertaining. Think Jean Paul Gaultier Spring 2013, not Mulberry RTW. 

Plenty of nourishment was offered. Instead of Fashion Week's diet of champagne and a cube of cheese...only when feeling faint...the latest and greatest protein drinks and energy bars were making a debut. Talk about feeling fueled

My sister and I were drinking so many pre-workout shots that it felt like Spring Break circa 2008 in Cabo. And surprisingly, so many of the nutrition products were 100% vegan and gluten free!

Food for thought...a few of my favorite bites and sips...

Lenny and Larry's: The Complete Cookie

Svelte: Organic Cappuccino

Betty Lou's: Just Great Stuff Bar

All in all, it was a really fun day spent with the fittest and I can't wait to work on my Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim 2014, Miami body. 

To get motivated, you should follow my prime source of motivation, Lindsay Price - dancer, NFL cheerleader, and sister sister @officialfit_price

She's a beast in a bikini.

Xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Highlighted Words