Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

______________

Monday, January 6, 2014

Cheers to 2014, Dear Readers.


It's 2014; the official new start to a year of possibilities and accomplishments

Perhaps you aggressively started your resolutions for the new year on January 1st with a green juice and a run outdoors, or maybe you decided that the 2nd would provide a better start...giving your body time for the champagne to leave your blood stream, while your friend's homemade Venezuelan food sopped up Nobu's "specialty drink" you thought was absolutely necessary to have three too many of while ringing in the new year.

A very wise friend of mine also said, "No successful diet ever starts on a Thursday." So maybe, just maybe, you waited until today - Monday - to kick into your new years intentions.

In any event, I wish you the very best at tackling your dreams this year, and hope that you find the happiness and wealth you seek. Wealth with regards to prosperity and quality of life, not the wealth of a new husband that can fund your shoe habit and trips abroad...although, that's cool too.

I gladly bid adieu to 2013, a sh*tshow year with so much growth that along with the growing pains, I'm surprised I've lived to tell the story without totally un-chic, circa Kelly Osborne, grey hair poking out from underneath my turban as I compose this. 

This year I've joined PETA and become 100% vegan. All it takes is a $16 donation, which Dear God of Red Soles, I hope I didn't accidentally check the loop auto payment for daily. Oh, and not to worry, I will still be buying handmade Italian leather shoes and the occasional (faux) fur statement piece...I am 100% committed to helping the economy in 2014.

I bought a membership to Barry's Bootcamp and ordered pink boxing gloves and wraps to accessorize my latest hobby I signed up for at The Boxing Club. Move over Swank, in the no-so words of Carly Rae Jepsen, just call me Million Dollar Baby.

I've vowed to try one new thing a day...which isn't difficult when you're experimenting with "cooking" raw, plant-based food...and to be positive...which again, is super easy with all these endorphins exploding in my brain after my new work out addictions.

I've given up vodka and texting my ex. Little did I know, these two would go hand in hand.

Lastly, I'm determined to make 2014 the most entertaining year yet. Brace yourself, dear readers. It's you that I'll be reporting back to.

Cheers!

Xo,
L


No comments:

Post a Comment

Highlighted Words