Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

______________

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Linen Tablecloths; A Girl's Best Kept Secret.


So the other night, this guy asked me to dinner. I agreed to go before knowing the place because the guy was cool and his taste was on par. The day of, he confirms and says he made a reservation for that night at 8 pm. Ok great, where? Mr. A's, he says. Score. I can bring out my big girl shoes.

If you're a guy, you're shaking your head and about to scroll down to the Cookie post (Cookies with an Edge; The Cravory.) that I did a couple days ago. Go ahead, I'm not judging. FYI: they taste even better than they look.

If you're a girl, you know it's simple math.

Valet parking, 6 steps to the elevator, elevator ride, not even a shuffle, off at the 14th floor, 4 steps to the hostess stand, walk to the table, 10-16 steps depending on location and view, table with a white linen table cloth, home free, the shoes come off. Your date doesn't have a clue.

On average, five out of five brilliant, shoe savvy betches know this secret.

For the rest of you, it's time you learn the equation...

Date at a restaurant with valet = hot shoes.
Date at a restaurant with valet and linen tablecloths = your hottest shoes.

I pray for the dates that I am able to take my highest pair for the perfect walk, kick them off before the bottle is even uncorked, and have a blissful dinner barefoot before I have to make my exit...my feet hopefully numb from the bubbly before the shoes come back on.

I can't even count the number of times a linen tablecloth has been the determining factor on whether or not my cage Givenchy heels from hell get to see life outside of my shoe closet.

Here are 5 fabulous restaurants in San Diego with a 50 step minimum roundtrip and a white linen tablecloth safe haven...

1. Bertrand at Mister A's
2. Market
3. Mille Fleurs
4. NINE-TEN
5. Roppongi

And here are 5 shoes worth every step:


$735


Footnote: Use caution when slipping off your shoes that require too much effort to get back on. You can only "fish around" for the napkin you dropped for so long before your date reaches underneath the table to help and comes up with a beautifully pointed toe Sergio Rossi with crisscross ankle straps. Make it fast putting them back on or stick to slip-in pumps.

1 comment:

Highlighted Words