Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

______________

Monday, November 18, 2013

Hippie Mondays.


I don't know what it is about Mondays, but I always end up looking like an effing hippie. Regardless of how much sleep I get the night before, my Monday always comes with a case of the bed head. Other symptoms to include Violet Fatale stained lips from the weekend nights and the lingering scent of Tom Ford's private blends.

I don't believe in such a thing as "day" fragrance, so I spritz on a little Champaca Absolute, which layers perfectly with whatever I had on the night before. My lips are a lost cause.

Leva Laguna for Free People

The only way to make my hair look less roadkill and more "Olsen" is to obviously pair it with something out of a Free People catalogue...except more rich.

Only do I realize after getting dressed that my feet are still numb from the knee-high Louboutins that seemed like a great idea at 9:00 p.m., but ended up sucking royally by 2:00 a.m. Gladiator flats are my go-to (think vintage Marant, not Madden).


How do I make this entire look work for me in a way that doesn't resemble a homeless walk of shame? Other than a shower being involved (and a caffeinated beverage of choice), I make sure to create a free-spirited vibe. Freshness is key. No one likes dark and dingy at the start of the week.



Obviously this doesn't mean no black. Who do you think I am?

Guidelines are as follows:

1. Patterns are good. Fabrics in tatters are bad.
2. Shoes to consider - gladiator flats, booties or boots...no floppy flips.
3. Fringe is cool and so are flares. Fringed flares are never cool.
4. Loose cardigans are key. No side boob at the office.
5. Jewelry, accessorize please. Round Oliver Peoples glasses outside only.

This is what I call Hippie Mondays...it's brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Highlighted Words