Yes, flannel is over. But it doesn't have to be completely banished to the land of bike shorts and Birkenstocks. I'm a huge fan of soft flannel, and not just for the rugged winter months. It goes amazing loosely buttoned with even looser, messier hair. Try it on oversized and ditch your pants if the days get too hot.
Here are a few ways to keep your flannel current for the summer months and out of year 2008 or your boyfriend's closet...
1. With a basic tee, unbuttoned, paired with slightly distressed daisy's.
2. Layered over a white lace dress, under an over-sized light washed denim jacket.
3. Paired with classic shaped sunglasses and a structured hat.
4. Loosely buttoned with wild stick-straight hair.
5. At the beach.
6. As a dress, paired with caramel colored leather accessories.
7. With a cut-out dress and edgy arm candy.
8. As a sarong.
8. Over a dainty tank and short shorts.
9. Over no tank and tucked into high-waisted shorts.