Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

______________

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Snickerdoodle Me This.


So ever since my dear childhood lunches spent at Nordies Café, I have developed a never ending craving for a snickerdoodle cookie. Oh sweet sugar and spicy cinnamon, PB&J has nothing on you!

Unfortunately, snickerdoodles and champagne can't be the only things making up my diet these days - oh, in a perfect world...maybe someday. So, I was beyond ecstatic to find a Snickerdoodle Smoothie recipe last night on Pinterest that I just had to try. Using all healthy, organic ingredients, could this creation really resemble my beloved snickerdoodle? Oh yes, yes it did!

Here's what I blended up in my Vitamix

1 Cup Almond Milk
1 Banana
1 Tsp Cinnamon (ok, heavy sprinkle!)
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1/4 Tsp Almond Extract
2 Cups Spinach (I used raw kale instead)
1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder (I used my favorite, Beaming Plant Protein Powder)

Recipe taken from flavorator.blogspot.com - thank you, Samantha!

I'm so so obsessed with this smoothie, I love that it incorporates greens - try mixing it up with various kinds! But, be careful because some greens have a stronger taste than others. For example, instead of using 2 cups kale as a substitution for the spinach, I used only 2 stalks. Collard greens and chard are also ones to look out for. Also, feel free to experiment with other "milks" such as hemp and rice!

I know this blog was totally off subject, but I just had to share!

Happy Snickerdoodling!
Xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Highlighted Words