Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

______________

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Oh, Zara This, Zara That.

 
I'm sure all of you are already very well acquainted with the store (or place of worship, for some): Zara.

Love it? Hate it? I meh it.

But obviously, it would have been just wrong for me not to check out the brand new store that just opened up at Fashion Valley - especially since I had already gotten raped by Nordstrom's Half-Yearly Sale...Neimans would have to be put on hold for another day.

I can see a growing obsession here because the fashion is pretty spot on. The atmosphere of the store however is like an over priced "exclusive" version of H&M. I've been to Zaras all over the country and they're all the same clusterf*ck of a closet.

Hit me in the face with an itchy knit, now.

But Zara online? OMFG. I don't know why I never thought of this before. I've become absolutely infatuated with zara.com over my mid-afternoon online shopping break.

No fishing through racks, no untangling cheap price tags, and no peasants fighting you over a size. Oh yeah, and no waiting in line to try on heaps of clothes that you have to split up into groups before bringing into a low class dressing room!

It's really quite amazing.

Here are a few tips to keep in mind before you check out online:

1. Body type. Don't forget it. If sheath dresses aren't right for your blessed chest in the dressing rooms, they certainly won't be your thing delivered to your door either.

2. Keep your real life shoe size in mind too. Just because a 7 1/2 looks so much better in your shopping cart doesn't mean it's going to fit your size 9 foot.

3. Does the fabric of the dress you're checking out give a little? If not, you may want to consider going a size up. Don't worry, no sales associate fetching your garment will even know.

4. Just like the lighting in the store, colors may lie. Go with what you know works. Not sure about the olive green giving off an if-y computer glow? Pass.

5. Handbags and accessories...go for it if you're convinced that the piece you're lusting after is an absolute must. Personally, I need to feel in my hand before I'm sure.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE ZARA
    kisses
    VOGUECITA
    http://voguecita.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I think I may check back on the site this afternoon...hehe. Xo.

      Delete

Highlighted Words