Messy hairstyles are a yearlong staple for me (and the only natural style that agrees with my unruly hair) - so, now that the rainy weather is starting to trickle in, we can all be sure to rock them. Here are a few of my favorite messy styles that I found off of lisapriceinc's Pinterest that I had to share. No chi flat irons needed, and a DIY trick or two included. Thank me for your hot mess of a head later.
Check out these messy looks...
DIY Tricks for Messy Hair:
1. Condition. Just because your hair looks dry and tangley in the end result doesn't mean you should start off with a damaged, knotted base.
2. Don't be scared to be a tease.
3. Bobby pins, bobby pins, bobby pins. Messy hair doesn't just stay perfectly framed away from the face with volume in all the right places by itself!
4. Bumble and bumble. Surf Spray - self explanatory.
5. Elastics that are the color of your hair, blending in is important.