There is absolutely nothing about my wardrobe that is minimalistic in any sense. The only area in my closet that has a slight "minimalist" approach would be my organized Tod's loafers; I have a black patent pair, and a red suede pair...minimal.
However, I do greatly appreciate a minimalist's approach to fashion - looking at only the essentials.
It's the best way to get through a season effortlessly (one pair of Rebecca Taylor black silk trousers matches with everything) and economically (although those black peep-toed Louboutins aren't necessarily debt free).
Let me suggest a few great pieces every minimalist needs to have their wardrobe...
1. A white blouse with no pockets or buttons.
2. A LND; little nude dress.
3. An embellished black top.
4. White pants that are not skinnies.
5. Black sunnies. Black Nikita (above) are classic.
6. A bold maxi in a solid shade.
7. Prada Mary Janes.