Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

______________

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Herringbone; Fish Meats Field.

her-ring-bone [her-ing-bohn]; noun


1. A pattern consisting of adjoining vertical rows of slanting lines, any two contiguous lines forming either a V or an inverted V, used in masonry, textiles, embroidery, etc.
 
2. Textiles - A) Also called chevron, chevron weave, herringbone weave . a type of twill weave having this pattern, B) a fabric constructed with this weave, C) a garment made from such a fabric, especially a suit.
  
3. Herringbone Restaurant; A trendy eatery in La Jolla, California, where "Fish Meats Field."
 
 
As much as I love the herringbone pattern, especially for those bougie fall and winter seasons, I'm absolutely obsessed with the third definition - Brian Malarkey's "boundless around-the-world farm to sea concept" at Herringbone.  
 
 
Having eaten forkfills of delicious meals and taken endless sips of innovative handcrafted cocktails, it is confirmed that Herringbone is one of my very favorite places to dine at in San Diego as of the moment. The food is just incredible. The way Herringbone meshes sea and farm into one dish is sheer talent. Oh, and they brought over my all time favorite drink (the Peter Rabbit; Pimms #1, bruised basil, pressed lemon with a pickled carrot garnish) from Malarkey's first restaurant to open in San Diego, Searsucker, and placed a fabulously fragrant spin on it - you'll see what I mean when you order it for yourself, it's absolutely beyond!
  
Also, be sure to check out the amazing Herringbone Bloomspot deal (50% off!) going on currently for brunch or lunch. I snagged one for myself and a couple extra for friends. I suggest you do the same while they last. You absolutely must cheers with me, holding up a flute of my favorite brunching drink - the Peter Rabbit Mimosa - naturally.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Highlighted Words