Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

______________

Thursday, August 30, 2012

DIS-pise it; Beetlejuice Stripes


I despise black and white vertical stripes. When I see this pattern I instantly think "beetlejuice, beetlejuice, beetlejuice!" I honestly find criminals in horizontal stripes less offending.

Can't quite get an appropriate modern day visual of this deadly fashion crime? Let me show you...


I understand that vertical stripes are "lengthening" and skinny up your legs instantly, but that's what pinstripes are for.


This jacket would be ugly in any print or color, but the stripes make it a thousand times uglier. Side note, what's with the brown scarf? Obviously the girl is colorblind.


This jacket is even worse...it's from H&M.


I'm suffocating from the neckline and the hem is making my OCD-ed mind freak out.


Is it a skirt? Is it pants? All I know for sure is that there is way too much going on right here down below the jacket.

Please do me a favor and never buy an article of clothing with black and white vertical stripes. I'd rather see you 10 lbs heavier in horizontal stripes than having you walk around reminding me of a creepy dead spirit from a late 80's flop of a movie.

"beetlejuice, beetlejuice, beetlejuice!"
Be gone.

2 comments:

  1. I %100 agree. I don't get it and I don't approve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally with you. I don't get this trend either!

    Those outfits...are making me dizzy!

    ReplyDelete

Highlighted Words