My dear friend Lauren (and beautiful bride to be) suggested this fabulous topic for a blog post, requesting some fashion advice for her honeymoon. Obviously, she's in no need of fashion advice - this blondie can dress - but I thought it would be a fun topic to write on for all those gorgeous brides tying the knot this wedding season.
The general scheme of outfits for your honeymoon of course, depends on your destination. However, here are a few fun pieces that seem to be appropriate to pack no matter where you plan on honeymooning...
1. A white bikini. Whether you're planning on tanning the entire time on a tropical island or jacuzzi-ing at a cabin in the woods, you must bring along one of these. Victoria's Secret has some great ones (perfect for mixing and matching) and I also recommend the ViX swimwear line.
2. An easily styled maxi. I'm loving the one shown above (Cross Bust Maxi Dress by Love from Topshop) because there are so many ways to wear it; use it as a swimsuit coverup, lounge in it, throw on an edgy jacket to roam the city in it, dress it up with heels, etc.
3. Shorts in a fun print. Again, this is an easy piece to wear in various ways. Tuck in a ribbed tank or top these shorts with a loose tee in a thin fabric, pair with basic tennies or strap on some heels. I'm definitely adoring this high waisted pair (above) by Mara Hoffman.
4. An accessible bag. I'm beyond obsessing over the Proenza Schouler PS1 Lux Leather Mini Messenger. Maybe this is a totally unnecessary honeymoon essential, but it's life essential...just like your man.
5. An outfit in one piece. How quick can you get yourself together with a little onesie romper action? Bring along a casual cut in a fashionable fabric like the one above (Joseph Caroline silk-crepe playsuit) to get the most versatility out of it.
Other items to bring: a go-to lip color, a pair of Havaianas, something comfy to lounge in (check out Anthropologie for the softest sets you'll ever feel), a casual hat, large-framed sunglasses, your honeymoon lingerie (goes without being said)...oh, and your hubby!