Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

______________

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A Birthday to Look Forward to.


My birthday is coming up in less than 2 weeks and I couldn't be less excited. I've decided that once you turn 21 (although the only significance in turning this age, as I found out, is it legally allows you to get into clubs that you've already been going for the past 4 years) you don't really have a birthday to look forward to anymore...except maybe your 100th - accomplishment, check.

It's not like I want anything - I want everything - in particular, so there's no point in scribbling out a birthday list, and I certainly don't expect anything...except for a few kind birthday wishes and perhaps a Sprinkles cupcake delivery mid-day.

Somewhat depressing isn't it? We're all funny about our birthdays, some of us love them, some of us hate them, some of us are entirely neutral to them. I don't want to be neutral about them anymore. So that's why I've created an age to look forward to so I don't keep celebrating birthdays as meaningless years until I'm dead (or 100).

I'm currently looking forward to turning 30.

I want a party, I want pink champagne, and I want a jeweled crown.

You're all invited.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Highlighted Words