Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

______________

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

I'll take a Diet Coke, please.

Karl Lagerfeld, Diet Coke Campaign

I would have to say that the oddest thing I saw all week in New York were mass amounts of people drinking Diet Coke.

This may not sound strange to you, but coming from Southern California - where all we sip on are green veggie concoctions from Whole Foods, Kombucha, and smartwater - it was quite alarming.

Women in gorgeous tweed Chanel shift dresses...sipping on Diet Coke. Men in business suits...sipping on Diet Coke. The homeless man at the corner of East 48th Street and Lexington...sipping on Diet Coke.

The only person in New York City not sipping on Diet Coke was well, me.

I was perfectly fine being excluded from this surprisingly posh unhealthy habit. However, I was quite jealous of the fabulous shades of lipstick I saw being worn on the lips of the women sipping on Diet Coke. Maybe it was something about the bottle, but it seemed to make every pair of pursed lips look gorgeous.

Here are some fabulous shades I picked out from this season's cosmetics lines that resembled some of the shades Diet Coke sippers were rocking in the big city...

32.00

55.00


32.00
30.00
32.00

As you probably noticed, these are not mainstream lines, but all of them are available at department stores such as Bergdorf Goodman and Barney's. I figured you already knew all there is to know about Chanel and Tom Ford.

Mix it up a bit...especially if you're going for the pop!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Highlighted Words