Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

______________

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Maison Kitsuné, New York


In a couple of weeks I will be back to visit only my very favorite place in the world, Manhattan...and I cannot even begin to tell you how incredibly excited I am. Planning my week's agenda is nothing close to a chore...and forgive my crudeness, but this is the one time that I actually get off to scheduling. 



My excitement was taken to an entirely new level after learning this morning that Gildas Loaëc and Masaya Kuroki, creators of the brilliant line - a genius composite of both music and fashion - Kitsuné, are opening their first U.S. boutique stationed at the luxurious Nomad hotel (off Broadway and 28th Street). 

Maison Kitsuné was designed by the interior architect Anna Vignale and the New York architecture firm, TBD Architects. I know that hands down already, the architectural aesthetics alone will not disappoint...not to mention the über chic clothing that will be on display.



Kitsuné is known for their borderline obsessive detailing and the use of only the finest materials (think cashmere from Scotland and cotton from Oxford...purr).



Beyond just the flawless fashions, Kitsuné takes it a step further by incorporating music into the experience. Ex-manager of Daft Punk, Loaëc, showcases his freshest finds (such as Dwntwn, Childish Gambino, Heartsrevolution, etc.) on the store's soundtrack. Talk about innovative.

Moral of the post, Dear Fashionista; Kitsuné is about to be my greatest obsession. I can't wait to check it out and I promise to report back...most likely with the chic signature Kitsuné black fox on a large white bag.


Content courtesy of Tablet.
Image courtesy of Clément Pascal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Highlighted Words