Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

______________

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

How We Shopped 5th Avenue in a Week.

As I sit here lazily attempting to catch up on my blogging while sipping on my Starbucks AVL (AVL: Anorexic Vanilla Latte, my creation totaling 30 calories - venti drip coffee, 1 pump sugar free vanilla, 2 inches steamed soy), all I can think about is what I'd be doing in New York City at this exact time a day ago...

 View from the BG Restaurant

I'd be sitting in a round chair by the window on the 7th floor of Bergdorf Goodman overlooking The Plaza Hotel, sipping on a flute of Sheer Glamour (champagne, plum bitters, raw sugar), and playing "I Spy a Birkin" - a game my boyfriend and I came up over our first breakfast in the city.

 Me and Sean Zanganeh Plotting the Next Stop

This was our 5th Avenue mid-day break that we took in place of lunch and let me tell you, was it ever necessary. Shopping from roughly 10 am to 7 pm in New York City is tough play, but we had it nailed down to perfection. All you need to do is plot out your favorite destinations and be sure to hit everything that catches interest in between.

Here are a few of the stores that were highlighted on the map that SMZ carried around in the back pocket of his fabulous jeans (his very first - but not last - purchase at Bergdorf Goodman, might I add)...

Playtime at Henri Bendel

My favorites: Henri Bendel, Chanel, Harry Winston, Chloé, Christian Louboutin, Reed Krakoff, Fendi, Bulgari, Jimmy Choo

Part of the Kiton Section at Saks

His favorites: Ermenegildo Zegna, Hermès Man, Brioni, Eton, Giorgio Armani, Rolex

Hermès Flagship Store on Madison Ave.

Our favorites: Bergdorf Goodman (both the men's and the women's), Cartier, Louis Vuitton, Saks, Hermès, Tom Ford, Prada, Versace, Dolce & Gabbana

Oddly enough, we missed Manolo Blahnik (my favorite), Hugo Boss (his favorite), and Bloomingdales (a staple).

Of course, Saks was our home base...all 10 floors of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Highlighted Words