Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

______________

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The "Blue Pedicure" Epedemic.

Brian Atwood, Liese Metallic Peep Toe Ankle Boots
shown with Cornflower Blue Polish

The beauty section of all magazines have been taken over by the "Blue Pedicure" Epidemic. All high end cosmetic lines are now selling at least a shade or two of blue at their counters (Dior, Chanel, Tom Ford, you name it), waves of blue polish on serious heel height are flooding down the runways, and now every other housewife in my yoga class has brightly painted blue yogi toes.

It seems like every single person and their mother have caught on to this trend - and I mean this quite literally, it was actually my boyfriend's mother whose adorable blue pedicure inspired me to get one for myself.

Here are a few shades to try out on your toes this season that I'm madly blue about...and not in an unhappy way...


$18.00
 
 
$23.00


$14.00
 
 
$18.00


$20.00
 
I'm a huge fan of the matte blue finishes like the three first picks, but for a fun pop of glitz, the Deborah Lippmann shades at the end have me sold
 
Layering the blue matte and the glitter will not only give you a creative new shade, but the glitter on top of the polish will make your pedicure last forever. My nail lady hates me when I ask for glitter because she knows that she'll have to spend 10 minutes rubbing it off the next time I come in. 

I'll probably be back to my reds and corals sooner than later, but for now this is a fun change!

Xo,
My Blue Toes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Highlighted Words