- The Hipster Handbook, Robert Lanham
Every girl loves a little "hipster" touch in a man's wardrobe. It's unique, stylized, and most of all, well, hip...
Unfortunately, unless you're dating a true hipster, most men don't know how to venture into making these hipster touches to their wardrobe themselves. That's why they need you.
I'm not telling you to transform your boyfriend into a full on Justin Bobby, but let me suggest a couple key staples any man can add to his look and get his "hipster" vibe up a notch...
1. He needs a black leather jacket. Not "tight," but one of a snug fit. Extra points if it has a hood.
2. Your man doesn't need to full on squeeze into Steven Tyler's skinnies to achieve a "hipster" look, but a pair of slimmer flared jeans will do him "deck" (hipster terminology for "cool").
3. A casual messenger bag to slide his notebook of lyrics (or laptop and report portfolio) in will stylize his vibe. Don't spend a fortune on one, he will look too polished, the more distressed the better.
4. A skinny tie in a matted pattern is key.
5. Finally, your man is required to have a slouchy beanie to complete his look. Solid colors are nice, two-toned is just as wearable. This is one article of clothing that should not be tight.
Other Great "Hipster" Additions: A long-sleeved cardigan, v-necks, unique graphic Ts (G-Star and Dsquared2 are good places to check), thick framed glasses, a short leather boot, colorful socks (or no socks), a bow tie.
Please just remember to not have your boyfriend wear all these items at once. No true hipster would ever do that. Simple touches here and there will create an urban trendy vibe to accessorize with his previous GQ-styled wardrobe.