Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

______________

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

My Sister's Closet.

I absolutely love browsing through My Sister's Closet. No, not my sister Laura's closet...although she has more expensive "pants" than I do (two pairs generally total the cost of a Chanel bag), they're for horse back riding - not a night out on the town. And no, not my sister Lindsay's closet...she's super into this whole Bohemian Hippie meets Urban Chic look; which, as fashionable of a look it is, I'm far too Downtown Couture to pull it off.

I'm talking about my other sister; My Sister's Closet is a place offering "recycled designer apparel" aka a fabulous consignment boutique with tons of hidden Couture treasures.

As much as I love having lunch at Fred Segal and shopping on Melrose, I always end up spending my money shopping at Fred Segal over the local shops. Not because you can't find anything (I once found a great Louis Vuitton clutch for $5 at SLOW - no lie), but because it takes so much damn effort shifting through the grungy mess of "vintage" and "Couture"!

My Sister's Closet has absolutely no "grungy mess" and is one of the cleanest and organized consignment stores I've ever been in. Having already five locations in Arizona, I was thrilled when they opened up a great shop in San Diego! Also, if you're not able to visit one of the stores, you can just go onto their website where there is a small preview of some of the great items in stock. You aren't able to order online, but next to each item, the location where the item is at is posted and you can call in and purchase on the spot! (Standard Domestic shipping is only a flat $15 fee.)

Check out a few items that are on the site currently...

Vintage Hermes Tweed Leather Satchel
$995

Gucci Tiger Design Dress
$495

Jimmy Choo Size 38 Pink Slingback
$100


An Hermés bag for under $1,000? Jimmy Choo's for $100? This is no joke.

P.S. My Sister's Closet is currently having a Winter Sale - all items on the website and in stores are 50% off the listed price (except for Coming Soon and Spring items). This is only until Wednesday, January 25th - tomorrow - so act fast and those Jimmy Choo's could be yours for $50! That's the price of a pair of Jessica Simpson's...on the last call discount rack. Gross, go with the Choos!


My Sister's Closet
8610 Genesee Ave., Suite 200
San Diego, CA 92122


http://www.mysisterscloset.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Highlighted Words