Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

______________

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Chained.

I'm obsessed with fabulously bold costume jewelry and the latest statement pieces, but I also love my standard day to day Yurman and Hermés jewelry box treasures. I find that sometimes though, it is hard to mix the two categories without shouting to everyone that the odd "mix" of jewelry was done on purpose.

While I love this bold and clashing look, I don't always want the statement, "The way she wears her vintage Fendi buckle ring with the stack of bright purple enamel bracelets is just so unique!" - sometimes I just want my jewelry to flow together in a way that doesn't draw attention to the huge contrast but rather the beauty of the pieces as a whole.

After all, the point is to accessorize as one...not five.

The best way that I found to solve this problem (and don't get me wrong, sometimes it's a fabulous look...just not always do you want your pieces brutally competing with each other) - is to incorporate chains within your jewelry ensemble.

Chains are a great way to mix those vintage metals with your bright enamels. Chains are also a fantastic way to create a complete line flowing from your chunky ring to your over-sized watch.

You get the point.

Here are some of my favorite chains this season that I think would incorporate into your jewelry collection beautifully...

Suzannah Wainhouse Brass Charm Bracelet

Chanel Premiére Triple Row Ceramic Quartz Watch

Wendy Nichol Brass Knit Four-Stitch Cuff

Gucci 18K Rose Gold & Silver Bracelet

Lagos 'Unlaced' Wide Cuff Bracelet


As you can see from these above selections I've chosen, I'm not talking "Chain" bracelet as in your boyfriend's Cartier I.D. bracelet - which is obviously something you should be all about wearing, if not for the sake of exclusivity definitely for the sake of Cartier - but rather "Chain" in a sense of breaking up the metal or ceramic material to allow a sense of openness and consistency between pieces.

Now go get chained!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Highlighted Words