Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

______________

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pumpkin Goo "Couture"

I'm never terribly excited about the Halloween holiday itself because frankly, I'd so much rather go out in a hot outfit by my favorite designers than go out in a tacky and uncomfortable Halloween costume. However, I do happen to love the festivities that come to play leading up to this holiday!

Caramel Apple Party in the Kitchen!


We tackled two trays of caramel apples this afternoon (pistachio, peanut, sea salt, and a disgusting...but holiday appropriate...candy corn creation), are continuing a never ending scary movie marathon, and are bringing out the knives and goo for the pumpkin carving and pumpkin seed roasting party later on this week!

While these activities are endless fun, they're not exactly the most glamorous. Maybe Rachel Zoe wears Chanel while scraping the insides out of her pumpkin, but I'm not going to put my darling designers into danger.

Here are a couple great pieces I picked out to wear that are comfy and totally practical, but still cute to celebrate this spooky holiday in...take a look at my "Pumpkin Goo Couture":

Haute Hippie Fringed Jacquard Cardigan
$425.00

7 For All Mankind® 'The Skinny' Stretch Velvet Jeans
$178.00

Tory Burch 'Carla' Turtleneck
$225.00

Rebecca Taylor Striped Poncho
$395.00

MARC BY MARC JACOBS Seamed Super Skinny Jeans
$228.00

Free People Chevron Sweater Tunic Dress
$168.00


All pieces shown above are available at Nordstrom - I suggest styling with a great pair of flats, boots, or bare feet (if you're indoors), and be sure to take off all your rings and bracelets when dealing with pumpkin goo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Highlighted Words