Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

______________

Monday, September 26, 2011

The Twiggy Ford Eye.

Recently, I've been asked what the inspiration behind my eye make-up is. Sometimes I go very au natural as I'm heading to pilates or partaking in our famous Skinny Cow & Movie Night-Ins. Other times I could be confused for Cleopatra straight out of the Nile, with eyeliner so intense I'd show up Elizabeth Taylor during a night out on the town.

A reader sent in a question that really made me think though, "Coming from a fashion point of view, what inspires your make-up? Do you see make-up as a portrayal of fashion too?"

I absolutely consider make-up as a portrayal of fashion. Look at all the great ad campaigns out there, most use make-up as a statement piece competing just as hard with the striking crocodile clutch that's being promoted.

These two styles of make-up, shown below, I somehow combine to make my own. Twiggy's white bottom liner is a huge eye opener to Tom Ford's thick black liquid liner. I love the look of boldness yet simplicity.

Twiggy.



Tom Ford Eyewear Ad Campaign Spring 2010




4 comments:

  1. Twiggy and Tom Ford are both great inspirations, but thinking about them in terms of makeup is even more interesting ;)
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you love! Glad you like the post. Xo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your comment on my blog!

    I am no officially following yours! Just love a blog in english ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course! Love your blog. So glad you're following ;) Stay in touch! Xo.

    ReplyDelete

Highlighted Words