Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

______________

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Bohemian Manifesto.


“Who am I? I'm a poet. My business? Writing.
How do I live? I live.
In my happy poverty I squander like a prince,
my poems and songs of love.
In hopes and dreams and castles-in-air,
I'm a millionaire in spirit.”


—Rodolfo, La Bohème


Bohemian Manifesto is one of my very favorite books in the world. Given to me as a present from my Mom during a time where I was reaching my true Bohemian self, I found it the most fascinating read. It is a front to back guide to the world of Bohemianism and the proper way to go about finding your own "Bohemian Identification."

"No one can truly define a Bohemian, although Bohemians themselves, from Charles Baudelaire to Jack Kerouac, have tried to name and justify their particular brand. That said, there are, if you use a little imagination, five distinct Bohemian mind-set/styles. There are also many crossovers and hybrids. Beats, for example, may have Zen leanings or the foppish trappings of a Dandy. The Bohemian by nature is not easily classified like species of birds."

What brand of Bohemian are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Highlighted Words