Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

______________

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Another Starbucks Post.

Totally unrelated to Couture, Warhol, Cupcakes, Music, and Choo's...this post is just another Starbucks post.

Here I am, sipping on my coffee, taking a quick morning break before I continue on my day. Not so secretly wishing I was Carrie Bradshaw...

Sitting here in the back, I'm surrounded by workaholic business men prepping for a very important meeting later on in the day, Del Mar mothers catching up over coffee after a work out with their trainers, a young hipster couple very in love with each other's hipsterness, and a woman who is trying to cover up the fact that she is in last night's clothes, but failing miserably - just put on your sunglasses, get the low-fat turkey breakfast sandwich to soak up the wine you drank with "the one" on a Wednesday night, and go home and get yourself together.

While clicking through emails, a man came up to me and asked me if I was "Anna." I said that I wasn't and turned my attention back to my computer. I saw him still looking over my shoulder slightly and turned around to look at him.

He goes, "Are you sure you're not Anna? I'm only asking again because I was supposed to meet a very attractive woman named Amanda this morning and I'm afraid she saw me and just left. Now I'm on a blind date by myself."

Note: I saw this man in a business meeting just a moment before he approached me. I may appear like I may not be connected with the world around me, but trust me, I observe everything.

I then said to this man, "No, I'm not Anna. Or a very attractive woman named Amanda. She didn't see you and leave because you are very handsome and blind dates are all about appearance, not connection. And you're not on a blind date by yourself, you just left your business meeting and somehow managed to come up with this very coy pick up line to use on me."

All he did was stand there and smile. He goes, "Did it work?"

I responded, "Not this morning, I have a very wonderful boyfriend who is the only one able to tolerate me at this stage in my life. However, I have a fabulous friend."

I'm setting them up for dinner this weekend, and could not be more excited. (This man was GORGEOUS - picture a young Harrison Ford with a few chromosomes from McDreamy...) For the rest of the time I'm here, maybe I'll forget about being Carrie Bradshaw and get my Patti Stanger face on.

-LMP

2 comments:

Highlighted Words