Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

______________

Saturday, August 27, 2011

White Jeans.

Topic of discussion...white jeans. Someone could literally base an entire blog off of white jeans alone! Trending currently, this denim staple is a definite hit or miss in my database - and I have always had mixed feelings about the white wash. Not necessarily other people pulling it off (because I think it's a great look) but myself personally.

Coming from a wardrobe of black skinnies galore, I bought my first pair of white denim about a week ago. I don't know if it was the crazy sale going on at Bloomingdales of Fashion Island, the multiple mimosas my mom and I had over brunch earlier, or just the slave I am to J Brand jeans...but I did it.

I know. I am SO late on this trend. At least I caught on a week before Labor Day. Although, I am a firm advocate of keeping out your whites, at least for those of us who live in Southern California. We have at LEAST two months of summer left, as sad as it makes me putting off my Fall wardrobe for that long.

You're probably expecting me to go off about the "Rules to Wearing White Jeans" now, but I'm not going to (as fun as that may be). It's pretty simple, use your head, you don't need me to dictate how to wear jeans...especially noting that I was a white jean virgin up until a couple days ago.

I am however, going to share with you a few of my favorite picks currently at Bloomingdales. I'm a Neimans girl at heart, but when it comes to the jeans department, Bloomingdales is killing it hands down...

J Brand Mae Slim Bootcut Jeans in White

Elie Tahari "Deidre" Power Stretch Skinny Jeans

Vince Crop Skinny Ankle Jean

rag & bone/JEAN Skinny Corduroy Jeans in Winter White

Paige Premium Denim Lou Lou Slim Flare Leg Jeans in Optic White

P.S. These are all about to go on sale for the Fall, if not already on sale. So, now is a GREAT time to stock up!

The only pointer I'm going to give you, is whatever you do please stay away from white True Religions. I say no, but they keep givin'? They definitely are not giving you anything except a white pocket butt that is unflattering on even the skinniest, one cracker a day, wafers out there.

Great options to stick with: J Brand, Hudsons, Paige, and Vince!

2 comments:

  1. Cute post! Love white jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you like it & are rocking the white jeans! Xo.

    ReplyDelete

Highlighted Words