Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

______________

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Cathy Waterman.

Remember when I said to spend wisely when it came to costume jewelry? And to "save your money for the serious stuff?"

Well, I have found the serious stuff.

Actually, more than the serious stuff, I have found actual treasure. Emailed to me today from Barney's was a feature on Cathy Waterman. This designer is FABULOUS. And this statement is not based off of one typical "me" styled, black and gold feature pieces that become my new must-have of the second, it is based off of 70 items from Cathy Waterman that came up in a search on barneys.com. What a talented, talented jewelry designer.

Before I go on, let me share with you a couple pieces that I would die to be wearing right now...

Sapphire Pear Earrings
$29,950.00

Diamond Thorn Leaf Band
$6,680.00

Pink Tourmaline & Diamond Ring
$11,180.00

Rustic Diamond Acorn Earrings
$19,500.00

Oval Swirl Ring
$25,120.00


What I just love about all of these rings is the stackable factor. Now, you aren't going to go around stacking the Oval Swirl Ring with the Pink Tourmaline & Diamond Ring, but all of the bands (like the Diamond Thorn Leaf Band) can be stacked to look really incredible. Talk about a loaded finger...watch where you point that one.

Another thing that I really love about Cathy Waterman's styles is how great they look on all flesh. Depending on your skin tone, you may typically have to go with more blue tones (in platinum or silver settings) or more rose tones (in rose gold or yellow gold settings). This isn't even a thing you have to consider worrying about in Waterman's designs. With the way that the metals are mixed in Waterman's designs either by themselves or with additional gems, they literally look good on all skin shades.

With that being said, they are also really great to mix with any of your other jewelry - you don't have to follow the "rule" by wearing all gold or all silver pieces. Any Cathy Waterman piece you pick can be intermixed with your favorite gold snake bangle and your huge jeweled Yurman no problem.

I seriously am dying over these pieces and I hope you love them just as much as I do. It's so fun to find great designers without going mainstream. I know the price point is a little up there but I'm sure you have enough of your typical stuff by now...go start having fun with unique pieces that you don't see on 5 other girls sitting with you in the same trendy restaurant. You want your date to tell the difference between your hand and the next.

Find your own dream piece or pieces at:
www.barneys.com

1 comment:

  1. Yes those jewelry pieces are beautiful

    Check out : http://jtomasfashion.blogspot.com/

    "Follow me and I follow back:)"

    ReplyDelete

Highlighted Words