Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

______________

Sunday, June 5, 2011

You 'Like' Me!

So the other day, I was talked into creating a Fan Page on Facebook for my blog.

like
LisaPriceInc


I thought "this should be easy, my thousands of Facebook friends and twitter followers can all follow me...along with the entire world." After two days, I gained a whopping 14 Facebook fans following LisaPriceInc on Facebook. Two of which are my sisters, one my boyfriend, and the rest were friends that assumed I'd never talk to them again if they didn't 'like' LisaPriceInc. I couldn't even get a Fan Page URL because I didn't have 25 'likes' to consider it important enough for a link.

After being totally discouraged and embarrassed of my insignificant popularity on Facebook, I talked to the most realistic man I know (that is, as far as business is concerned ...his watch and designer suit obsession are a completely different story on the practicality spectrum).

He said,
"you can't expect to become Charlie Sheen over night."


My realistic motivator pointed out ways to promote myself obnoxiously, without pushing too far over the line into Hollywood Douche-Bag Club Promoter status. He talked about hyper-linking and internet "spiders," all things that I thought of as creepy, crawly, geeky tools. I soaked in every word and decided to take his advice. After all, Sean Zanganeh Real Estate does have over 1,100 'likes'...he must know what he's talking about.

I don't expect to be Charlie Sheen by tomorrow or Perez Hilton by Tuesday, but in the end all I want is to be able to say,

in the words of actress Sally Field...
“The first time I didn’t feel it, but this time I feel it, and I can’t deny the fact that you like me, right now, you like me!”


-LMP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Highlighted Words