Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

______________

Friday, April 8, 2011

Me Time.

Here I am sitting in Starbucks, sipping a triple shot espresso with soy and two add shots (yes, I am aware that it makes it a 5 shot espresso drink, but I don't admit to drinking over 3...by lightly including "two add shots" at the tail end of my order, it makes my caffeine addiction seem less severe and much more manageable). Emailing on my MacBook, blogging on my iPad, talking, tweeting and texting on my iPhone...and I consider this "me time."

How in the world could being connected to a million people, places, things, ideas, and feelings constitute as "me time"? Not one portion of what I am currently doing is even directly associated to myself. This blog of my rambling thoughts isn't even for me, it's for you!

Step away. Devote time for yourself. Give your attention to the "me" in your time...even if it's just for a moment.

With that, I'm off to yoga.

1 comment:

  1. Such a good thing to remember. I need this daily or I fall apart! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Highlighted Words