Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

______________

Friday, January 21, 2011

"Success is a job in New York."
- Andy Warhol




It is mornings like this in San Diego where I miss New York City. Getting into the office just as the sun rises, black on black everything except for a pair of brightly colored Tod's loafers, hands full with all the "necessities" I bring with me to start my day, and a giant Starbucks I attempt to spill on everything coming within a 5 foot radius of me.

I finally put my assortment of items down, organize the piles of papers surrounding me (by pushing them to the farthest end of my desk in attempt to achieve a large enough workspace for a pen to rest), click my computer on, and sit staring blankly at the wall in front of me while I wait for it to start up.

Silence. All I hear is silence. Time to begin the day.

-LMP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Highlighted Words